GSIS offers different types of bonds such as bidders bond, performance bond, surety bond, haulers bond, and customs bond.
A private contractor for a government project may request GSIS to issue a performance bond in favor of a government office to guarantee the completion of the project. Should the contractor fail to construct the building according to the specifications laid out by the contract (most often due to the bankcruptcy of the contractor), the government office is guaranteed compensation for any monetary loss up to the amount of the performance bond.
Bonds help ensure that government agencies complete their projects on time.
Requirements for Application
- New Policy
- Bond for Supply and Delivery, Construction and Service Contracts
- Surety Bond for Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- Surety Bond for Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Scholars
- Surety/Performance Bond for Department of Agrarian Reforms (DAR)
- Surety Bond for the Conditional Release of Imported Goods or Shipment with the Board of Investments (BOI) / Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Surety Bond for Lease or Concessionaire Contract
- Performance Bond for Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) Contracts
- Heir’s Bond
- Bond Applicant is a Local Government Unit (LGU)
- Bond Applicant is a Government Owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC) or any other Government Agency (GA)
Requirements For New Business – A. INDIVIDUAL OR SINGLE PROPRIETORSHIP
- Duly executed Agency Agreement (1 photocopy)
- Certification (in prescribed form), if the submitted Agency Agreement lacks the signature of PCSO authorized officer (1 copy, original)
- Duly accomplished Bond Application Form for Individual or Single Proprietorship (1 copy, original and notarized)
For Renewal Business
- New Agency Agreement or Notice of Extension/Renewal of Agency Agreement (1 photocopy)
- Certification (in prescribed form), if the submitted Notice of Extension/Renewal lacks the signature of PCSO authorized officer (1 copy, original)
- Latest General Information Sheet duly filed with SEC (for Corporation) (1 photocopy)
- IDs of the Bond Applicant or Lotto or Lotto Express Agent and Co-signer, with specimen signature (1 photocopy each)
Step by Step Procedure on how to apply
Filing of Bond Application
- Prepare the other necessary requirements.
- Fill out a Letter Request
- Submit the application to any of the following:
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to any GSIS branch office nationwide. For complete list, click here (embed link)
- Via Dropbox: Any GSIS Office nationwide
- Via OTC (Over-the-Counter): Any GSIS Office nationwide
For inquiries on the General Insurance Products, concerned parties may visit the GSIS website, www.gsis.gov.ph, or the GSIS official Facebook page, @gsis.ph; send an email to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or call the GSIS Contact Center at 8847-4747 (if in Metro Manila) or 1-800-8-847-4747 (for Globe and TM subscribers) or 1-800-10-847-4747 (for Smart, Sun, and Talk ‘N Text subscribers).