GSIS MEMBERS MAY NOW APPLY FOR EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
To implement the Labor Day commitment of President Benigno S. Aquino Jr. on the Educational Assistance Fund Program (EAFP), the GSIS is now accepting applications for the GSIS Educational Assistance Program from all active members. The following are the guidelines of the program:
- All active members, regardless of salary, length of service, and status of agency and member accounts (i.e. up-to-date, in arrears or suspended) are entitled to apply for the program.
- The assistance amount is P4,000.
- The monthly payment is P20.
- No service fee and redemption insurance premium will be deducted from the total assistance amount of P4,000.00.
- The assistance will be a one-time availment that may be applied for from May 2012 until December 28, 2012.
- The application for the assistance may be filed by the member over-the-counter (OTC) or through his agency’s liaison officer (LO).
- The approval of the educational assistance application will not require certification from the Agency Authorized Officer (AAO) nor endorsement from the agency.
- The assistance is payable in five years with interest computed at 6% per annum.
- The first monthly amortization of the interest will start three months following the grant of the assistance (i.e., assistance granted in May; first due date in August).
The proceeds of the assistance will be be ecredited in the UMID eCard or temporary eCard of the member not earlier than May 10, 2012.
Click HERE to download the application form.